Brilliantly innovative, heartbreaking, and wickedly funny, John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask’s landmark American musical, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, is now the winner of four 2014 Tony Awards including Best Musical Revival. Directed by Tony Award® winner Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening), this long-awaited Broadway debut production of Hedwig has been called "furiously entertaining and terrifically smart" by New York Magazine and cheered by WNBC as "the finest musical you’re going to see this year".
Beginning July 22, Taye Diggs steps into Hedwig's heels, alongside Rebecca Naomi Jones, who continues with the production as Yitzhak. An established star of film, television and theatre, Diggs made his Broadway debut in 1994 in the ensemble cast of the Tony Award-winning revival of Carousel. Soon after, he landed the role of Benny in in the landmark musical Rent, a role he recreated in the 2005 film version. Diggs' other New York stage credits include Chicago, Wicked, A Soldier’s Play, and Andrew Lippa’s The Wild Party. His many film and television credits include How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Go, Chicago, The Best Man, its follow up The Best Man Holiday, six seasons on ABC’s hit drama Private Practice, and the current TNT drama Murder in the First.
Taye Diggs, Rebecca Naomi Jones
Book: John Cameron Mitchell
Music & Lyrics: Stephen Trask
Director: Michael Mayer
Producer: Hedwig Broadway Company LLC
Press Agent: Boneau / Bryan-Brown
- Best Revival of a Musical - Winner!
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Musical - Neil Patrick Harris - Winner!
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical - Lena Hall - Winner!
- Best Scenic Design of a Musical - Julian Crouch
- Best Costumer Design of a Musical - Arianne Phillips
- Best Lighting Design of a Musical - Kevin Adams - Winner!
- Best Sound Design of a Musical - Tim O'Heir
- Best Direction of a Musical - Michael Mayer
Nominated for 3 2014 Drama Desk Awards
- Outstanding Revival of a Musical - Winner!
- Outstanding Actor in a Musical - Neil Patrick Harris - Winner!
- Outstanding Director of a Musical - Michael Mayer
Nominated for 3 2014 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Outstanding Revival of a Musical
- Outstanding Lighting Design - Kevin Adams
- Outstanding Actor in a Musical - Neil Patrick Harris