Kinky Boots is Broadway’s Tony®-winning Best Musical, featuring music by Tony and Grammy®-winning pop icon Cyndi Lauper, a book by Tony-winning theater legend Harvey Fierstein and direction and choreography by Tony winner Jerry Mitchell.
Inspired by true events, Kinky Boots tells the story of Charlie Price, who inherits his father's shoe factory. Looking to save the family business, Charlie turns to a fabulously fashionable new friend – cabaret star Lola –who gives him an outrageous idea that could change both of their destinies. An exuberant story about finding friendship, inspiration and passion where you least expect, proves that you change the world when you change your mind.
Catch Billy Porter in his Tony-winning role through November 20th, or be there when Emmy® winner Wayne Brady struts into the role of a lifetime!
Billy Porter (thru Nov. 20 only), Wayne Brady* (beginning Nov. 21), Andy Kelso, Haven Burton, Marcus Neville, Daniel Stewart Sherman, Cortney Wolfson
*Wayne Brady will not appear in the following performances:
- Friday, January 15 – Sunday, January 17, 2016
- Saturday, January 23 & Sunday, January 24, 2016
- Wednesday, February 3 & Thursday, February 4, 2016
- Saturday, March 5 – Sunday, March 6, 2016
Author: Harvey Fierstein
Music & Lyrics: Cyndi Lauper
Director / Choreographer: Jerry Mitchell
Winner of six 2013 Tony Awards
• Best Musical
• Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre - Cyndi Lauper
• Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical - Billy Porter
• Best Sound Design of a Musical - John Shivers
• Best Choreography - Jerry Mitchell
• Best Orchestrations - Stephen Oremus
Grammy winner for Best Musical Theater Album
Why the Hit Show ‘Kinky Boots' Is a Family Musical
“'Kinky Boots' is wonderful for families!” - Parade Magazine
So Unusual for a Theater Tunesmith
Cyndi Lauper, trailblazer in pop, now a Broadway composer and reality TV star, expounds on her journey.