Five-time Tony Award® nominee Kelli O'Hara (The Light in the Piazza, South Pacific) and Academy Award® nominee Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai, Inception) star in a magnificent new Broadway production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's beloved The King and I.
Tony winner Bartlett Sher (South Pacific) directs this classic tale of a British schoolteacher's unexpected relationship with the imperious King of Siam.
Featuring a cast of more than 50, choreography based on the original by Jerome Robbins, and a score of treasured songs including "Getting to Know You," "I Whistle a Happy Tune" and "Shall We Dance?" in their glorious, original orchestrations, Lincoln Center Theater's new staging of The King and I invites you to get to know this inspiring and enchanting musical classic.
Kelli O’Hara and Ken Watanabe
Ruthie Ann Miles, Ashley Park, Conrad Ricamora Edward Baker-Duly, Jon Viktor Corpuz, Murphy Guyer Jake Lucas, Paul Nakauchi, Marc Oka
Aaron Albano, Adriana Braganza, Amaya Braganza, Billy Bustamante, LaMae Caparas, Hsin-Ping Chang, Andrew Cheng, Lynn Masako Cheng, Olivia Chun, Ali Ewoldt, Ethan Halford Holder, Cole Horibe, Maryann Hu, James Ignacio, Christie Kim, Kelvin Moon Loh, Sumie Maeda, Paul Heesang Miller, Rommel Pierre O’choa, Kristen Faith Oei, Autumn Ogawa, Yuki Ozeki, Stephanie Jae Park, Diane Phelan, Sam Poon, William Poon, Brian Rivera, Bennyroyce Royon, Lainie Sakakura, Ann Sanders, Ian Saraceni, Atsuhisa Shinomiya, Michiko Takemasa, Kei Tsuruharatani, Christopher Vo, Rocco Wu, Xiao Chuan Xie, Timothy Yang
Music: Richard Rodgers
Book and Lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein II
Based on the novel Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon
Director: Barlett Sher
Choreography: Christopher Gatelli
Based on the Original Choreography by Jerome Robbins
Music Direction: Ted Sperling
Producer: Lincoln Center Theater
Press Agent: Philip Rinaldi Publicity
Nominated for 9 2015 Tony Awards
- Best Revival of a Musical
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical - Ken Watanabe
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical - Kelli O'Hara
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical - Ruthie Ann Miles
- Best Scenic Design of a Musical - Michael Yeargan
- Best Costume Design of a Musical - Catherine Zuber
- Best Lighting Design of a Musical - Donald Holder
- Best Direction of a Musical - Barlett Sher
- Best Choreography - Christopher Gattelli
Nominated for 2 2015 Drama Desk Awards
- Outstanding Revival of a Musical
- Outstanding Sound Design of a Musical - Scott Lehrer
Nominated for 5 2014-2015 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Outstanding Revival of a Musical - Winner!
- Outstanding Set Design - Michael Yeargain
- Outstanding Costume Design - Catherine Zuber - Winner!
- Outstanding Actress in a Musical - Kelli O'Hara
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical - Ruthie Ann Miles - Winner!