Two-time Oscar winner Jane Fonda heads a remarkable cast in the new play written and directed by Moisés Kaufman, author of The Laramie Project and director of I Am My Own Wife. Drama, memory and music combine to transport you from present-day New York to 19th-century Austria, in this extraordinary new American play about passion, parenthood and the moments of beauty that can transform a life.
A mother coming to terms with her daughter. A composer coming to terms with his genius. And, even though they’re separated by 200 years, these two people share an obsession that might, even just for a moment, make time stand still.
A Radical Vixen Retakes the Stage (NY Times)
Jane Fonda talks to New York Times writer Chip McGrath about her legendary career and starring role in 33 Variations.
A Musical Giant, Obsessed With a Little Tune (NY Times)
Whatever one’s take on 33 Variations as a theater piece, it is an innovative and engrossing exercise in music appreciation.
'33 Variations' (Video; NY Times)
Pat Healy, the New York Times theater reporter, talks with Jane Fonda and Moisés Kaufman about the Broadway production of the play 33 Variations.
Jane Fonda, Samantha Mathis, Colin Hanks, Zach Grenier, Don Amendolia, Susan Kellermann, Erik Steele, Diane Walsh
Author: Moisés Kaufman
Director: Moisés Kaufman
Producer: Hershey B LLC
Press Agent: Boneau/Bryan-Brown
Nominated for 5 2009 Tony Awards
Nominated for 3 2009 Drama Desk Awards
- Best Play
- Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play - Jane Fonda
- Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play - Zach Grenier
- Best Scenic Design of a Play - Derek McLane
- Best Lighting Design of a Play - David Lander
Nominated for 5 2009 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Outstanding Actress in a Play - Jane Fonda
- Outstanding Set Design of a Play - Derek McLane
- Outstanding Sound Design - André J. Pluess
Nominated for 2 2009 Drama League Awards
- Outstanding New Broadway Play
- Outstanding Director of a Play - Moisés Kaufman
- Outstanding Set Design - Derek McLane
- Outstanding Lighting Design - David Lander
- Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play - Zach Grenier
- Distinguished Production of a Play
- Distinguished Performance Award - Jane Fonda