Joe Turner's Come and Gone is set in a Pittsburgh boarding house in 1911. Owners Seth and Bertha Holly play host to a makeshift family of people who come to stay. Among those on the move is Herald Loomis, who arrives at the boarding house with his daughter in tow, and discovers amid the vibrant community there, a path from his lost spirit to a new life.
In Performance: 'Joe Turner's Come and Gone' (NY Times - Audio Slide Show)
Roger Robinson performs an excerpt from the Broadway revival of August Wilson's play.
Marsha Stephanie Blake, Chad L. Coleman, Michael Cummings, Aunjanue Ellis, Danai Gurira, Andre Holland, Arliss Howard, Ernie Hudson, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Amari Rose Leigh, Roger Robinson
Author: August Wilson
Director: Bartlett Sher
Producer: Lincoln Center Theater
Press Agent: Philip Rinaldi Publicity
Nominated for 6 2009 Tony Awards
Nominated for 3 2009 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Best Revival of a Play
- Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play -Roger Robinson - Winner!
- Best Direction of a Play - Bartlett Sher
- Best Scenic Design of a Play - Michael Yeargan
- Best Lighting Design of a Play - Brian MacDevitt - Winner!
- Best Sound Design of a Play - Scott Lehrer and Leon Rothenberg
Nominated for 3 2009 Drama League Awards
- Outstanding Revival of a Play
- Outstanding Director of a Play - Bartlett Sher
- Outstanding Costume Design - Catherine Zuber
- Distinguished Revival of a Play
- Distinguished Performance Award - Chad L Coleman
- Distinguished Performance Award - Roger Robinson