Set in the 1930s, Lend Me a Tenor is a madcap screwball comedy that takes place when Tito Merelli, the fiery-tempered and world famous Italian superstar, arrives in Cleveland, Ohio to make his debut with the local opera and promptly goes missing. As Saunders, the show's presenter, conspires to cover for Tito’s absence, placate his hot-blooded wife, and distract his most passionate fans, chaos on a truly operatic level ensues.
Visual Learning: The ‘Lend Me a Tenor’ Poster (NY Times)
The illustrator Robert Rodriguez talks about his poster design for the coming revival of Ken Ludwig's Lend Me a Tenor.
Tony Shalhoub, Anthony LaPaglia, Justin Bartha, Brooke Adams, Mary Catherine Garrison, Jennifer Laura Thompson, Jay Klaitz, and Jan Maxwell
Author: Ken Ludwig
Director: Stanley Tucci
Producer: The Araca Group
Press Agent: Boneau/Bryan-Brown
Nominated for 3 2010 Tony Awards
Nominated for 4 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Best Revival of a Play
- Featured Actress in a Play - Jan Maxwell
- Best Costume Design of a Play - Martin Pakledinaz
- Outstanding Revival of a Play
- Outstanding Director of a Play - Stanley Tucci
- Outstanding Costume Design - Martin Pakledinaz
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play - Jan Maxwell - Winner!