Two-time Academy Award® winner Denzel Washington returns to Broadway, alongside Academy Award nominee and Tony Award® winner Viola Davis, in August Wilson’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play. Both a monumental drama and an intimate family portrait, Fences tells the story of Troy Maxson, a man torn between the glory of his past and the uncertainty of his future. Emboldened by pride and embittered by sacrifice, Troy is determined to make life better for future generations, even as he struggles to embrace the dreams of his own son.
To see a video about Fences click on one of the titles below.
Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Chris Chalk, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Russell Hornsby, Mykelti Williamson
Author: August Wilson
Director: Kenny Leon
Producer: Carole Shorenstein Hays, Scott Rudin
Press Agent: Boneau / Bryan-Brown
Nominated for 10 2010 Tony Awards
Winner of 3 2010 Drama Desk Awards
- Best Revival of a Play - Winner!
- Best Original Score - Music: Branford Marsalis
- Leading Actor in a Play - Denzel Washington - Winner!
- Leading Actress in a Play - Viola Davis - Winner!
- Featured Actor in a Play - Stephen McKinley Henderson
- Best Direction of a Play - Kenny Leon
- Best Scenic Design of a Play - Santo Loquasto
- Best Costume Design of a Play - Constanza Romero
- Best Lighting Design of a Play - Brian MacDevitt
- Best Sound Design of a Play - Acme Sound Partners
Nominated for 4 2010 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Best Revival of a Play
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play - Viola Davis
- Outstanding Music in a Play - Branford Marsalis
- Outstanding Revival of a Play - Winner!
- Outstanding Director of a Play - Kenny Leon
- Outstanding Actor in a Play - Denzel Washington - Winner!
- Outstanding Actress in a Play - Viola Davis - Winner!