In Other Desert Cities, Brooke Wyeth (Elizabeth Marvel) returns home to Palm Springs after a six year absence to see her parents (Stockard Channing and Stacy Keach), her brother (Thomas Sadoski), and her aunt (Judith Light). Brooke announces that she is about to publish a memoir dredging up a pivotal and tragic event in the family’s history – a wound they don’t want reopened. In effect, she draws a line in the sand and dares them all to cross it.
This critically acclaimed production premiered at Lincoln Center Theater last winter. It played to sold out houses during its limited engagement run, and was named Outstanding New Off-Broadway Play by the Outer Critics Circle.
Stockard Channing, Stacy Keach, Judith Light, Elizabeth Marvel, Matthew Risch
Author: Jon Robin Baitz
Director: Joe Mantello
Producer: Lincoln Center Theater
Press Agent: Philip Rinaldi PR
Nominated for 5 2012 Tony Awards
- Best Play
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play - Stockard Channing
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play - Judith Light - Winner!
- Best Scenic Design of a Play - John Lee Beatty
- Best Lighting Design of a Play - Kenneth Posner
Nominated for 1 2012 Outer Critics Circle Award
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play - Judith Light